Monday, September 14, 2009

Autumn malaise

I think all teachers have it in one form or another....the fall freakout.
And I think we all get through it....one way or another. For me, it involves a reminder of what a great job I have and all the fabulous students and colleagues that come with the territory.

But this fall is different. Now I'm a writer. Oh shit. What did I get myself into? I can barely read my own work. Soon it will be out in black and white print with a vaguely lurid glossy cover (a cover I happen to like a lot). And OTHER PEOPLE will read my writing. STRANGERS, not my loving, encouraging friends. Well, I'm just not going to think about that today.

So what comes first? The writing or the job? I don't worry about the family; they are so much a part of me that they get the best of me. But which....the writing or the job?

No comments:

Post a Comment